Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our security team uses a bicycle and a Segway as much as possible rather than using the gas vehicle.
- Our center has a recently implemented a new HVAC protocol that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint without impacting the shopping experience.
- We’ve started a new escalators protocol to sync with store opening and closing times allowing us to save energy and maintain a comfortable shopping experience.
- We’ve reduced water consumption by capping unused water lines and following a new sprinkler protocol.
- We’ve launched a recycling program for our retailers throughout the mall allowing them to recycle paper, plastic and other items. We also have a program allowing our retailers to recycle used metal fixtures.
- We utilize e-mail rather than paper, whenever possible.
- The center installed light motion detectors in all mall management offices and many storage areas to help conserve energy use.
- We use green cleaning products wherever, and, whenever possible.
Everything is good when you're under the hood. Play around with fun and safe tools at our Fix It eve...
Look out world! At the one-day Newborn and Maternity photo event on February 20th, you can show off ...